Saturday, September 8, 2007

Getting iPod Up To Speed

Motorola D650

Picked a combo set (Moto S9 & D650) up at Fry's and since I already had a pair of S9's I didn't have to wait to charge the headphones before I got started. I paired very quickly (while driving I might add) and got an immediate rush of freedom and expansion. I had been using my Cingular 8525 before and, for one, the phone is pretty much useless while streaming bluetooth. The necessary processing slows the phone down toooo much. Then getting to the interface of MortPlayer is very cumbersome if you want to change music on the fly. And of course, now I have 8GB of storage instead of the 2GB on the MicroSD card. Streaming would be my ultimate solution but that's just not ready for primetime.

Range for the combo is pretty good. I was able to walk into another room and about 20+ feet from the D650 before getting drop-outs. Got to try the solution while shooting baskets last night and was a bit disappointed. Kept getting drop-outs. I'm not sure if it was because of a loose connection or what. I had the Nano/D650 pair in my back pocket. I'm trying to find a good armband solution for the extended Nano.

Also, lost my third pair of S9's during that workout. This morning I had no Pause/Play button. Good thing I had a spare ready to go. Don't worry, I've only paid for one unit since I keep doing the switch game with Motorola's vendors. Maybe they'll get it right some day and mild sweat won't break the buttons.

No comments: